Transport in Australia has a developed infrastructure. In addition, the length of local roads is 7-8 times more than in Asian, and 3-4 times more than in European countries.
The main modes of transport in Australia are:
- Public transport. It includes buses, trams, high-speed trams.
- City buses go to the routes from 05:00 to 23:00, and in order to pay the fare, you need to purchase special cards. But you can save a lot by purchasing a single ticket, valid for seven days. Using the services of buses, you can not only travel for short distances but also go on a tour of the country. Buses have air conditioning, toilet, and video equipment. And, for example, in Sydney, you will be offered to go on a trip along a special bus route designed for tourists. Red buses take everyone to the sights of the city. By purchasing Sydney Explorer Bus, you can enter and exit at any stop, continuing your journey at any time.
- Air transport. Thanks to an extensive network of domestic air traffic, travelers are offered an excellent opportunity to visit even the most remote corners of the country and resort islands traveling by air. Virgin Blue and Qantas Airways are engaged in domestic transport.
- It is worth noting that for groups of 10 people there are group discounts on air tickets.
- Water transport. For tourism purposes, you can move along the rivers on private vessels.
- It is worth noting that ferries go to Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Newcastle.
- Rail transport. By rail, you can get to major cities. Besides the fact that you get to your desired destination, traveling in this way, you will be able to admire the scenic views. But the cost of train tickets is quite high.
Anyone who has reached the age of 21 has the right to rent a car, who has a driver’s licence and a credit card to confirm his solvency.
You should know that there is left-hand traffic, and when planning a long journey, it is advisable to stock up on drinking water, provisions and fuel, since shops and gas stations are often located at a rather large distance from each other.